Who doesn’t love a freshly baked cookie?
With their tempting aroma, soft crumbly texture and a sweet flavor, these tasty Ayurvedic cookies come with a host of health benefits such as helping balance the aggravated ‘Pitta’ thanks to their carefully selected ingredients. With the added flavor of aromatic spices like fennel and cardamom, they’re a treat for your taste buds.
Whether you’re looking for a midday snack, an energy boost during a busy day or a thoughtful gift for a friend, Tejas cookies are the perfect choice. So why not give them a try and see what makes them so special.
Key Ingredients that make Butterfly Ayurveda’s Tejas Cookies special
1. Whole Wheat Flour: Being a good source of fiber, vitamins and minerals, whole wheat flour helps improve digestion and promotes overall health. It consists of a few B vitamins, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium which is needed for a healthy bowel movement, strong heart and bones. It helps improve ‘Ojas’/ energy strengthening our body. It makes a good choice for ‘Vata’ & ‘Pitta’ doshas.
2. Chestnut Flour: Nutritionally dense, but low in calories, this flour is a good source of fiber, vitamins B and C and minerals such as potassium, magnesium and iron. It also contains antioxidants that may help reduce inflammation and protect against chronic diseases. With a sweet and an astringent taste, its cool potency balances the ‘Pitta’ dosha of the body.
3. Green Gram Flour: An all-rounder ingredient, green gram flour is a good source of protein, fiber, B vitamins, iron, copper & zinc. It helps improve the ‘Agni’ (digestive fire), reduces ‘Ama’ toxins within the body, soothes inflammation and promotes weight loss. Being high in antioxidants, it neutralizes the free radical activity and has a soothing effect on the body. This flour helps balance the Pitta-Kapha doshas.
4. Gram & Unrefined Brown Sugar: Gram flour is high in protein and fiber along with certain B vitamins, with an astringent taste that also helps balance the Pitta & Kapha doshas. Unrefined brown sugar is composed of simple carbs and can be used in various dishes to provide energy and minerals such as potassium. It also consists of antibacterial and antimicrobial properties.
Other Ingredients in Tejas cookies
1. Cardamom: A ‘Tridoshic’ digestive spice rich in antioxidants, it is highly beneficial in balancing reducing intestinal gas and bloating. It also reduces heartburn and improves appetite. With a commendable amount of potassium & calcium, it supports a healthy nerve function and also acts as a detoxifier for the body.
2. Fennel: A general toner for the digestive system, fennel enhances the ‘Agni’, without aggravating the Pitta. Tridoshic in nature, this spice functions as a potent detoxifier, reduces inflammation and also freshens the breath. A mildly sweet tasting and a cooling seed, it is high in manganese and is power packed with antioxidants.
3. Watermelon, Musk Melon & Cucumber Seeds: A highly nourishing seed mix, it is high in protein, healthy fats and minerals. They are high in antioxidants, help improve digestion and also reduce acidity and stress. A combination of this seed mix elevates the nutritional value of this cookie by manifolds and balances the ‘Pitta’ dosha.
4. Cow's Ghee: A revered ingredient in Ayurveda, ghee is rich in antioxidants and fat-soluble vitamins like A and D. It is essential for the formation of ‘Sapta dhatus’/ seven important tissues providing support to the body. It also helps improve digestion, boost the immune system, and reduce inflammation.
Health Benefits of Tejas Cookies
- Balances the Pitta Dosha in the body: ‘Pitta dosha’ is responsible for digestion, metabolism and energy production. An imbalance of Pitta can cause inflammation, heartburn and acid reflux. Tejas cookies consist of ingredients such as fennel, green gram flour and watermelon, melon and cucumber seeds that are cooling in nature, reducing episodes of acid reflux and help balance the Pitta dosha.
- Improves digestive strength: Presence of fiber helps move the food through the digestive tract, prevents constipation and promotes regular bowel movement. Tejas cookies is a multigrain cookie, consisting of flours of whole wheat, gram, green gram and chestnut, along with cow ghee, that further improves the digestive strength of the body and also helps fight free radicals in the body.
- Helpful in cases of anorexia: Anorexia is a serious eating disorder and is characterized by an intense fear of gaining weight and a distorted body image. This cookie is made using healthy ingredients such as whole flours, seed mix and spices that are rich in proteins, carbs and vitamins and minerals. While these cookies mustn't be used as a primary treatment for anorexia, they are helpful in providing additional healthy calories and nutrients for individuals struggling to eat enough food.
- Nutritionally rich cookies: Made of wholesome and a variety of natural ingredients such as mixed whole grain flours, seeds and cow ghee, these cookies are high in protein, fiber and other essential vitamins & minerals required for a healthy functioning body.
- Soothing and a cooling snack: A must have summer cookie, these are made of green gram flour, fennel and a seed mix, that is cooling in nature and has a soothing effect on the body. These cookies are also helpful for people experiencing inflammation in the body.
When choosing Ayurvedic cookies for health benefits, it's imperative to look for those made using wholesome ingredients such as whole flours, nuts, seeds and unrefined sweeteners. It is a good idea to experiment with products that also incorporate certain ingredients specific to a particular season, such as fennel, watermelon seeds, mint, etc. are cooling and soothing which could be picked up for summer months, while the products high in ginger, jaggery etc. could be suitable for winters.
Tejas cookies by Butterfly Ayurveda are a delicious treat that not only satisfies the sweet tooth, but also offers several health benefits. From balancing the Pitta dosha in the body, improving digestive strength to being a snack, high in essential nutrients, these cookies are much more than just a sweet indulgence.
So go ahead and savor a homemade style cookie while also reaping the potential health benefits that they can offer. Enjoy the taste, the comfort and the nourishment of a freshly baked wholesome cookie by Butterfly Ayurveda.
Back to News