With its benign symptoms: the coughing, the sneezing, the runny nose, the mild headache and body ache, it can make us feel quite helpless.
So here are some ways to bid a quick farewell to the discomforts of the common cold:
- Rest is best
- In order to fight any form of sickness, the body shuts off to completely focus on fighting the disease, which results in fatigue, pain and the desire to sleep. So take some time off and enjoy a speedy recovery!
- Prepare a hot steam
- A hot steam can help ease congestion by thinning the phlegm and make breathing easier and better. Even if you don’t have a cold, you can prepare a hot steam for yourself to combat the ill effects of air pollution on our respiratory system.
- Bonus: It also opens up the pores of your skin, releasing dirt and dead skin cells.
- Ayurvedic treatment for cough
- Herbal ayurvedic cough syrups with natural ingredients such as tulsi, kali mirch, banaphsa, and kali mirch can soothe the throat and give you relief from the never ending cough.
- Sip on warm and tasty beverages
- Hot, spicy soups, warm, herbal teas and turmeric milk are all forms of the warm hug you need when you are sick and work great to release congestion.
- Sweat it out
- Mild exercising can strengthen your immune system and body, and help clear phlegm faster. However, you should know what your body can handle, and must stop when required.
Youu couuld also try out Butterfly Ayurveda's 100% natural medicine Bronchiofly to help out with your cough and cold.